Thursday, January 11, 2007

An Addiction?

For those of you who don't know I am a reader...I actually might read too much, if that's possible. While the average American spends over FOUR HOURS a day watching TV I find myself reading, probably because I don't own one. (Actually that isn't true; I do own a television that is about 3600 miles away from me.) One of my goals this year is to read fifty-two books by December 31st, of course that has been a goal mine for several years running.

As you may have noticed I have put several lists on the right hand side of the blog that have links to various books. They are categorized under: "Currently Reading," "Books On the Horizon," and "Books I've Read This Year." As some may have noticed the "Currently Reading" section is quite long. You might ask, "How can anyone be reading that many books at once?" And the answer is, I don't know. Some of the books I only read once a week: The Passion of Jesus Christ or Systematic Theology while others I am reading for my church leadership training program called Trilogy. However, I do try to keep the top of the list the books I am actively trying to finish.

I will always try to have a post about each book I read or possibly a brief synopsis. My hope is that some of you will see a book I am currently reading or one on the horizion and pick it up to read with me. With that we could enter into a dialouge about the book, and learn from one another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do you think of "For One More Day"? I read "Tuesday's With Morrie" a few years ago and enjoyed it and have been thinking of picking this one up. Mom